Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hockey, Hockey, Hockey!

So it's been a long, hot summer/fall (it's Houston), but hockey is finally
back in swing. I'm at my office right now listening to a Caps game (so sue
me, they were the only internet feed I could find). Just checked out
USCHO.com to see the latest rankings for the college teams. Michigan is
holding at number 8 this week after a tough visit to Boston, where they
got smoked. It's alright, things like this happen early in the season.

Our favorite freshman from last year, Louie Caporusso, has 5 goals in the
first six games. Palushaj, Hagelin, and Rust, also sophomores, are 1,2,3
in scoring. But honestly, we all know that this year hinges on the ability
of Billy Sauer to keep it together when it matters. Hogan (another
sophomore) already has 3 wins, so maybe Red is hedging his bets.

By the way, did anyone notice if the Michigan football team was still
playing? Someone told me they lost to Toledo, but I'm pretty sure they
must have meant the field hockey team.

Ugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My God...I don't think I've ever read a greater blog than this one! Huge hockey fan here, with my wife being from MI and knowing Sergei Fedorov for MANY years it goes without saying I'm a 'wings fan! Keep up the AWESOME blog, I look forward to reading it every day!

Dietz Vollrath said...

Alright, Chris, you qualify as my favorite person in the world.

Go Wings.