Thursday, May 15, 2008

Get smarter a little bit at a time

This is a pretty cool web application. You sign up at DailyLit, and they e-mail (or send you an RSS feed) daily an installment of a classic book or wikipedia entry. For example, I just signed up and they are sending me MacBeth in daily snippets (the first clip was essentially Act I Scene I) that are quickly digested. The wikipedia option basically gives you a little mini-course on a subject (i.e. wine) based on what people have put on Wikipedia. They have hundreds of classic books available for free - and for a charge you can get current releases.

I have no idea if I'll keep up with MacBeth, but it's much less daunting than sitting down with the whole play and getting frustrated when your brain tires of parsing old English.

No comments: